Marmalade is a very delicious way to start a day. Marmalades are made of mangos, lemons, carrots, apples, oranges and all those delicious fruits you can think. Having a packaged marmalade doesn’t seem so delicious as compared to a homemade marmalade. Well, surely like your granny, you won’t have enough to time and also jars, to create marmalade for the whole neighborhood. But you can make some of it for your family, the quick and easy way. It is true that we guys at home take pride in cooking something out of the ordinary, and the marmalade sure seems like it. If you aren’t scared of the pressure cooker, then it will be even easier and quicker.
· 500 gram washed lemons cut into half (cut the edges)
· Lemon juice
· 750 grams of sugar
· 4 tablespoon honey
Here is an easy way to make super-fast lemon marmalade under pressure. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
Before you start you need to make sure that you have a muslin bag. The marmalade tastes better when the lemon pith is soaked overnight.
· Squeeze the lemons to get the juice
· Put the lemon pith in the bag and let it soak in 500ml of water for at least 5 hours, overnight is better.
· Cut lemon peels into lengths. (the lengths of the peels depend on your choice)
· Put the lemon juice and peel in the cooker
· Also, put the lemon pith muslin bag in the cooker
· Add water to it (depends on how much peel you have to cook)
· Once all the ingredients are in place, fit the cooker lid (Make sure that the lid is tight)
· Cook for 15 minutes under high pressure (you can cook for 10 minutes if peel is not too thick)
· Slow down the cooker pressure by slowing down the heat gradually
· Take out the muslin bag
· Squeeze the juice from the muslin bag into the cooker where peel is already cooked (you can use large spoons for this purpose)
· Now take the muslin bag out of the cooker
· Now that you have the concentrated solution, add sugar to it and cook while stirring
· Make sure that the sugar is dissolved properly
· Add four tablespoon honey (most people do not add honey, but it gives better taste and adds thickness to the marmalade)
· Your marmalade is almost ready, increase heat and keep stirring until it thickens
· See if the marmalade has reached its setting point
· Skim the surface and let the marmalade cool
· Put it in jars and enjoy your very own homemade lemon marmalade
It is a very easy way to get the lemon marmalade ready in no time at all. It is one of the easiest recipes that you will find. The preparation time for the marmalade is 15 minutes, and it also takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook the ingredients. It is a tasty and yummy lemon marmalade, not better than the one your granny makes, but it will taste good. Now you can also prepare the lemon marmalade the quickest and the easiest way possible.